The best ways to protect your computer are:
- Running a high quality virus/malware protection solution.
- Run as a standard user and not as an administrator.
- Ensure you are running behind both a software and a hardware firewall.
- Keeping ALL of your installed software up-to-date.
- Never clicking on links in emails unless you are absolutely sure you know the origins of those.
- Watch the downloads while surfing on the internet.
Install and AD-block, It’s easy to find find free ad-blockers and various paid ones. The difference in price generally relates to how well it functions. We should be careful when browsing the web even if we have an active ad-block on since many sites
prevent entry unless the extension or app is disabled.